Detangling or care, fine to normal or thick or curly hair, there is definitely an Altesse Studio brush made for you!
Cleaning your hairbrush is essential to take care of your lengths, guarantee effective brushing and the longevity of this essential hair accessory. Our expert brush tips for caring for your boar bristle or nylon fiber brush.
Clean your hairbrush regularly: a reflex to adopt
Hair, dust, dead skin, sebum... As you brush, a lot of residue builds up on your hairbrush. Beyond a hygiene problem that can impact the beauty of the hair fiber and attack your scalp, not cleaning your hairbrush regularly also rhymes with reducing its performance. The beauty equation is simple: to prolong the life of your hairbrush and guarantee its effectiveness, it is simply essential to clean it regularly. And this, whether you are part of the #Team boar hair brush or the #Team nylon hair brush.
When and how to clean a hairbrush?
At Altesse Studio, we recommend that you clean your hairbrush after each use. Exactly as professional hairdressers do between two clients. In practice, it suffices to remove the hair entangled in the boar bristles or nylon fibers using a comb, another brush or simply by hand.
Another important recommendation: deep cleaning once a week. 4 steps and 1 minute are enough to clean your hairbrush:
- Step 1: fill your sink with lukewarm water, add a dab of shampoo and lather.
- Step 2: Submerge the bristles of the brush . The right move? Form a figure 8 in the water to soak the hairs well (repeat 4 times).
- Step 3: Rinse the nylon fibers or boar bristles with clear water, then wrap the bristles with a towel, applying light pressure, to remove excess water.
- Step 4 (boar bristle brush advice): Let your brush dry on a flat surface, bristle side down and away from any heat source.
- Step 4 (dedicated nylon fiber bristle brush advice): let your fiber brush dry downwards, but be careful, this time the bristles should not be in contact with a surface. The weight of the brush could deform the fibres. Our advice: dry your brush by raising your head with a rolled up towel placed under the handle of the brush.
Much more than an everyday accessory, your hairbrush is a real care product that will beautify your hair. To maintain its “magical” detangling action or its care action, it is advisable to clean and maintain your brush well.