Is your transition period over? Well done ! Now it’s time for your new hair routine. The goal: to maintain the fruits of your efforts and maintain beautiful hair every day.
What results to expect after a hair transition?
Good news: after a hair transition, the benefits on your hair are permanent. Thanks to daily brushing with your boar bristle care hairbrush , the sebum has traveled the entire length of your hair. In addition, your scalp is better oxygenated thanks to its stimulation during brushing. As for the secretion of sebum, it is finally regulated, with the right amount necessary to protect your scalp and nourish your hair.
What is the purpose of the maintenance period after a hair transition?
Taking care of your hair after a hair transition is essential to continue the daily distribution of sebum throughout your lengths. Indeed, if you maintain your good hair habits, your hair will be transformed. Exit the excess sebum, its distribution will be done with each pass of your brush.
This natural treatment has now become essential for your hair, just like the massaging action of boar hair to stimulate blood circulation in the scalp. These two key elements will become the new essentials of your new beauty ritual after the hair transition.
The boar bristle brush, an ally for your post hair transition routine
It was already a must-have for your hair transition. Unsurprisingly, it still is during your new routine: the more you use your boar bristle hairbrush, the more the benefits of your hair transition will be visible in the long term.
The premium boar bristle hairbrush from the Prestige Altesse Studio collection - handcrafted with 1st cut bristles - provides an exceptional brushing experience, for deeply nourished and silky hair, day after day.
Now you can go from the 100 brush strokes required during the transition period, to 40 brush strokes daily during the maintenance period. However, we maintain the frequency and styling technique, to be done morning and evening:
- 10 brush strokes head forward, from the nape of your neck to the ends of your hair;
- 10 strokes of the head brush on the left, from the right ear to the left ear;
- 10 brush strokes head to the right, from the left ear to the right ear;
- 10 brush strokes with straight head, from the front to the back of the skull.
Good to know :
As you brush with your boar bristle brush, your hair should be able to go without shampoo for 4 to 7 days. This time between each wash is the key to allowing optimal sebum action.
Tips for maintaining beautiful hair every day
Do you have your post hair transition routine under control? So, here's how to take care of your hair outside of your beauty ritual:
- Protect your hair from the sun: to prevent thinning and drying of the hair shaft, cover it and use protective sun care products. Rinse your hair after each exposure and avoid the hottest hours, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Opt for soft, loose hairstyles: the goal? Avoid tension on the roots and not break the hair fiber by choosing hair-friendly accessories (satin or silk scrunchie, wide elastics, headband, etc.).
- Change hair products regularly: adapt your hair routine according to the needs of your hair throughout the seasons: protection and hydration in summer, nutrition in winter.
- Hydrate yourself from the inside: sufficient water intake (at least 1.5 liters of water per day) is essential for the health of your body and that of your hair.